I had a wonderfully wonderful Mother's Day. My own Mom came into town on Thursday, and we celebrated with dinner and then I had lunch with her during my conference on Friday.
(Side note, she bought me a sweet cupcake from Cake. Yummy for my tummy. I have a sweet tooth. Err, and a salty tooth. Annnnd, a greasy tooth. Who am I kidding...I have a whole mouthful of teeth and each likes something.) Being a mom makes me think about how much my mom must have thought I hung the moon, and how she bragged on my every little success. Caroline and I had a mommy and me shopping outing on Saturday as we shopped for new little ones entering the world and her cousin that is turning five very soon. She was a very good little girl. She loves to people watch from her stroller. Sunday morning Micah brought Caroline to me in bed and I was showered with love. Micah bought me a super sweet card and a spa afternoon complete with pedicure and massage. Caroline made me the most adorable plaster mold of her hands...complete with chipping plaster and nubs for fingers. It couldn't have been more perfect. I also received handprints, footprints, and poems from her nursery school art project. I almost ugly cried in her classroom. Sunday we woke up and went for another church visit at First Baptist Church. After that what does good 'ole mom want? Quiche for brunch? Nope. I wanted Hamburger Steak takeout from Homeplate Diner. Then, I was blessed with a nap.
My life has changed enormously for the better. I cherish the hugs and kisses in the morning. I love when she bolts for me as I enter the door at nursery school each day. I walk in her room foggy in the mornings, but when I see her happy face jumping up and down in her crib I get a spurt of energy and feel recharged. I have been overwhelmed with a love that I never knew I could have. Thank you God for giving me Caroline.
Dressed and ready for church

Smocked turtles? Yes, please. Thanks, Mimi.
In our cozy clothes with the best gift ever.


Much love,

1 comment:
I loved spending time with you, Micah and Missy Caroline although it wasn't long enough. Loved seeing Ashlee too. I always have so much fun with you and yes, Daddy and I told everyone (who would listen) about every single one of your accomplishments and still do to this day. I'm glad your 1st official Mother's Day was a good one. Love always, Mom
Post a Comment