I will write a Caroline update soon. There's so much to tell you. However, in the interim, just know she remains the sweetest, most adorable little girl in the world. I'm tickled beyond words to get to share my first Mother's Day with her. I am certain that I will smother her with my kisses. Who am I kidding, I do that every day. My mommy came into town the last 24 hours. Always fun. Lots of laughs. A few tears. A whole new appreciation of the hard work and dedication it takes to be not just a mom, but a good mom.
My friend, Laci, from Amarillo, but now lives in New York came into town a few weeks ago. We laughed. The kind of laughs that makes your tummy hurt. I like that Micah gets to sit in on chats and laughter, too. That's when you know you have a great friend and married the right man. Waffles will never, ever be the same to me now. Anyway, I was joking about my million dollar ideas of how I'm going to get rich. I'm going out on a limb, but I don't think my current employment of history teacher is going to cut the mustard on get rich quick ideas! She told me that if I wrote about a few of my stories on my blog, people would read, and boom...I'm rich. I'm funny. There. I said it. Really. I say the things that no one else would say. Okay, maybe I am not super funny, but the situations I get myself in and that I'm surrounded by. Funny. Shocked? Sometimes I refrain. Sometimes I don't think people are ready for me. Micah says that my face tells the whole story. Maybe I should record my trials and tribulations and post them. We could have web chats. You know. Like Oprah. Oh my gosh, if I only could tell half of the school stories I hear. Half. Seriously, are you depressed? You need to take up teaching. High school. Girl drama, check. Popo (that's police for the uneducated in rap lingo) hangin' in your halls, check. Absolutely inappropriate chatter, check. So maybe I will start lightning up, chat, and become and millionaire. One can dream, right? Move over Pioneer Woman with your fancy pictures, bowl-lickin' recipes, and homeschooling. I've got no kitchen skills. I'm a panicky, oversensitive mom. OCD about germs. Sounds like JUST what people want to read!
Much love,

2 comments:
YAY! If you need a producer, let me know :) Love you.
Yes, Colby, you really do need to share your outrageous experiences! Thanks for ALWAYS making me laugh! I had so much fun with you and Laci. And thanks to you and Micah for sitting with me in church on Mother's Day. At least I had one of my adopted kids with me! I love you lots.
Post a Comment