Dear Caroline,
December 31 was the last time I posted. I've been trying to write this post for over two weeks now. Stop, start, stop, start. I'm worn out. So grateful that today is Friday. The Friday before Spring Break. Such hope for feeling refreshed is upon me. After Christmas, Mommy feels like winter needs to take a hike and I just sorta meld into exhaustion, cold, more cold, no sunshine, rinse and repeat. On top of all that, we seriously have had a time with the sickies lately. Daddy, Mommy and you have all experience tummy bug a couple of times on top of teething. This week you've had a cold and double pink eye. I'm really ready for sunshine. I know you like to be outside, too. The good news is I saw the pear trees and redbud trees beginning their blooms as I drove to work this morning. Spring is just around the corner.
You had your six month well check in January. You were days away from seven months, but due to the Christmas holidays your six month numbers are more of a reflection of your seven month status. Thus, your percentage indicate you are larger than you really are. You were weighing 16.9 pounds putting you in the 50th percentile. Your height was 26.6 inches putting you in the 75th percentile. Your first word was Dada. You said it the weekend of the Biggs/Couts wedding in Pampa, TX, in church, too. Your second word sounds like Dodger so we are going with it. Now you are saying Momma. I cannot get enough. No teeth yet. You've been drooling like crazy since three months. Everything you see goes in your mouth. I thought I'd spy something by now...nope. I tried stage three crawling food, but you gagged on it since you have not a tooth yet so I just load you up on stage 2's. You burn off lots of calories with all of your crawling and grazing furniture so I'm not too worried that you'll get too plump. You continue to wear 6 month clothing for the most part. I just switched you to size three diapers. They are a little big for you, but I thought the size two wasn't long enough. They need to make 2.5 diaper. Maybe, that's my ticket for riches!
A few pictures from the last couple of months:
Off to visit family for Christmas. Packed what was most important.
Trying to get a picture on the lying on the lamb mat is a bit more difficult with Miss Active
Know that you are loved.
Love,
Mommy


















2 comments:
As usual, I love the post! I, too, am loving that Spring is almost here. Spring getting here means summer is close which means more Colby/Kim & Caroline/Kate time!
p.s. The dress she's wearing at Gido's is super cute!
I love this post! She has gotten so big! She is beautiful!
Post a Comment