Friday, December 31, 2010

6 Months

Dear Caroline,

How did one half of a year go by? I should say...fly by! Since you made quite the haul in the clothing department for Christmas, I cleaned out her drawers to make room for the new threads. I picked up the tiny newborn and 0-3 month sizes and stored them away. I also have perused through some of your first moments captured...how quickly it goes by. I need to stop. Stop now before I get the fever. On the other hand, I just want to enjoy you and all of your special moments for the next little while. Pure joy.

Highlights from this month...

--Taking lots and lots of pictures getting ready for Christmas cards...which seriously, I didn't order enough...I even mailed out to groups...lesson learned and I humbly apologize.

--Eating! She is a great eater! It took a few tries learning to use a spoon, but once she got the hang of it she has thoroughly enjoyed expanding her pallet! We eat oatmeal mixed with either pears or apples late in the morning and for dinner we eat rice mixed with either squash, carrots, or sweet potatoes. Yummy! I also ended up buying a Chicco highchair...loving it. Thanks, Brandi for the suggestion!

--Sitting up. We started out the month sitting in the tripod position with an arm out front. The arms are too busy reaching for toys now and we are sitting really well.

--Pulling up. Yes, I said, pulling up. Daddy has caught her trying to pull up in her crib. Tonight during her bath she was trying to maneuver herself to standing position using her infant tub. When I'm changing her diaper, she will grab hold of the towel rack, too. Folks, we have a mover and shaker.

--Babbling. My favorite. In the morning, she babbles when we wakes up. It warms my heart. Morning continues to be her best time of the day. We get the most talking in this time of day, too.

--Longer sleeping. Woo hoo! She generally is only waking up once in the middle of the night now and I've noticed it is because of a very, very wet diaper. I don't believe the claim of a 12 hour diaper. I'm here to dispute that it holds 12 hours of tinkle.

--Caroline is becoming more interested in Dodger. She tries to pet him. Dodger still is not interested in her. Dodger still does not believe he's a dog. He still rules the house.

--Fits best in size 3-6 month clothing. Wearing size 2 diapers, or size 1 when Daddy accidentally bought the wrong box. We simply referred to them as a bikini style diaper and laugh.

Pictures from this month








Thanks be to God for my wonderful Christmas gift. Caroline, know you are loved.

Love,

Mommy

1 comment:

Sewn Together said...

She is just a doll!!!! You two made a cute little girl!!!!