Monday, November 9, 2009

Domestic Questions

Help! I have two domestic dilemmas.

My first problem is the vacuum cleaner. Mr. Dodger is quite the hairy thing and has basically ruined my vac cleaner that I bought just two years ago. I bought a new hose for it, but still it cannot handle the volume of hair that he sheds. I need to find a GREAT pet hair cleaner. Does anyone have a recommendation for a vacuum cleaner that you love? I'll also take recs for those you don't recommend because seriously, who wants to spend money on a vacuum cleaner only to have to break down after the first few passes...

Domestic problem #2 is the toilet. I clean it. Really, I do. It's been cleaned with comet and vinegar separately (we have serious hard water). It has this smell. This strange gaggy smell. I don't really want to leave anything in it like a drop in since Dodger occasionally likes to take a slurp out of the potty...desperate times calls for desperate measures, I suppose. Anyone else experience clean, yet smelly toliet in their homes?

Much love,

3 comments:

Mika said...

We have a Dyson and you wouldn't believe the amount of pet hair that it picks up. It's kinda gross afterward when you realize that was in your carpet. They also have the Dyson Animal, I think, that is specifically made to pick up pet hair. Hope this helps.

The Toogood's said...

Colby
I have the Dyson Animal & I love it... you will be in shock with the amount of hair that has been sitting on your carpet. With 2 cats it's a life saver & it helps our house to feel pet free with pets. It has a lifetime warranty so if we ever had a problem I know that I can take it to Sears and they will have to fix it for me. Good luck & I hope you find what your looking for!!!

Sewn Together said...

My brother and his wife have the dyson animal vacuum....the air that comes out of it is supposedly cleaner than what goes in it...They have a yorkie and love the vacuum. You could always buy one at best buy and get the 5 year warranty on it.

No help on the toilet...do you guys still have frogs?