In no order:
1. Micah played a shepard this year in the FBC Christmas play. I wish I could tell you how great his theatrics were, but I got sick before both performances. I'm certain he did a great job!
2. School is back in full swing. I have a sweet, caring class this year. It is a trying time of year with the state testing and one stressed teacher. I am trying not to bring home stress with me, but that is hard when you dream at night and wake up thinking about school. Today, in the shower, I caught myself thinking about TAKS benchmarking. The T-word is my bad word. Last year, after the test...the word was banned from my class until when I shared the results and we hugged and cried! I just ready for those happy tears already; I could easily skip all the stress!
3. This year we got quite a snowstorm on Christmas Eve. It kept us snowed in from going to Amarillo that day, but we made it in Christmas Day to share the day with my family. We came back to Plainview on the 26th to share the day with Micah's family. We were very, very blessed by both of our families both in spending time together and spoiled by the presents, too.
4. This Christmas season I really thought quite a lot about Mary, Jesus' mother. I reflected on what it was like to be her...pregnant, unwed, carrying the Son of God. I wondered how people treated her. I have no answers on this subject. It really is something I would be curious to study.
5. For New Years, we traveled to the Alamo Bowl with Ashlee and Jason. What a game! Our players played with so much heart. It has been a wild ride for our Red Raiders. I hope this new era of Tech football is met with open minds.
6. No more Honda Rhonda! After driving nothing but a Honda Accord (all have which have been named Rhonda...I even I have a song..."Help me Rhonda, help, help me Rhonda, help me Rhonda, yeah, keep me truckin' along"...you know the tune of the Beach Boys song...I'm a cheese ball!) since I was sixteen years old, I got rid of her in lieu of having zero car payment. Now, I drive Dora the Explorer after a swap with Micah and Mitch on Micah's truck for Mitch's third car. I think we got the better end of the deal! Thanks Mitch!
7. I would have pictures, but our new camera broke so we sent it off to the camera headquarters to get fixed. Maybe one day I'll make a splash with some photos!
8. Finally, I know I've been somewhat absent from my social settings lately. I promise I'll return. I'm not trying to be a hermit!
Much love,

3 comments:
Honestly, It's somehow encouraging that other teachers become unintentional misery hermits too. TAKS is the bane of my existence. I hate that I love to teach, love my kids and can dread school. :(
So I'm going to drink herbal tea, NOT think about it (That's an order!) and enjoy my Sunday night!
Well, I have certainly missed you!Laci was going to send me your phone #, but haven't received that yet. Call me sometime soon!
438-6503
Love you!!
I'm glad you're back! I have missed reading about the Malouf's! Hope you have a great semester, good luck with the "T word"...you'll do great..again!
Post a Comment