How’s the baby?
Baby Malouf is a girl. We are naming her Caroline Grace. I have loved this name for ages. In fact, I had let my family and friends know that this was my name and off limits. Poor Micah, we weren’t very far into dating when I told him my baby names. I knew I was going to marry him after the first few dates so why not go ahead and send him over the edge! Caroline is adorable. She is weighing in at 11 ounces and measuring right on target for the 20 week mark. We went for the anatomy sonogram; I am amazed at all of the technology. We viewed the stomach, bladder, kidneys, brain, bones, and face. Caroline is quite an active one from watching her on the monitor and listening through the Doppler, although I haven’t been able to feel all of the movement yet.
How am I?
Let’s put it this way…I used to want four children. I still would love to have four children. Now, being pregnant four times…not so much. At one point, I was hoping that I would be pregnant with twins—a boy and a girl so this being pregnant business would be it for me. Needless to say, for me, it’s been a little rough.
I have a high level of progesterone. This is great for the baby (which is really wonderful and anytime I am sick, I just think of that!). Now the extra progesterone for me means, excessive vomiting, fainting, dizziness and blemishes. Pretty hot, huh?
I am just now regaining an appetite. I felt like the first 16 weeks, I force fed myself. All I thought about was how not to vomit or vomiting itself. The last few weeks, I have been HUNGRY! I had lost about 10 pounds (I think some of it was simply not drinking cokes!), but now all of that’s back on plus three extra pounds thanks to milkshakes and my deep love for BLTs. It really is nice to want to eat again!
Everyone has asked me about cravings. I seriously have craved water, fruit, baked potatoes, and most recently, a cherry lime as I drive home from work. I am grossed out by the Olive Garden commercials with their heavy cream sauces being poured over shrimp. I normally love Italian food, but, I decided that is out for the time being, too. I have avoided restaurants for the most part. Slowly, I’m beginning to enter them. I figured no one wants to see anyone sick while they are eating. I’m considering this a favor to all restaurant patrons. This is Lent season and we have lots of “fish Fridays” in the school cafeteria coming up…ick. Cafeteria fish and broccoli is bad news for my sniffer! I often will hear Micah eating in the kitchen, and I’ll ask him what he’s eating and his response has become, “You don’t want to know.” That basically sums up how I have felt about most foods.
How’s Micah been with this big news?
GREAT! I could not ask for him to be more supportive. He goes to the grocery store for me since the deli section grosses me out. He warms up my car in the morning since the change in temperature really bothers me. He even has changed his deodorant to unscented, since scented items set me into a tizzy these days. I have heard of men having these “meltdowns” with all the new thoughts of responsibility….so far, so good. If anything, he’s been my support. He’s held back my hair, made me countless peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, sliced apples, fetched medicine, etc., etc. I really have seen his servant heart open up to Caroline and me over the course of the last 21 weeks. He really reminds me of what I love about how my dad treats my mom. I cannot say enough nice things about Micah; I cannot imagine having another person in this with me!
Much love,

3 comments:
I'm so excited for you! There's nothing more joyous than being a mom! Hopefully soon you'll be finished with the gross part of pregnancy. Soon you'll move onto the cute and adorable stage to be followed by the "I feel like a whale" stage and "I can't get comfortable at all and can't see my feet" stage. Enjoy it while you can! One of my best friends during pregnancy was the pregnancy band. I couldn't walk anywhere without my band. It really helps alleviate some of the pressure off your back. Congratulations, again!
So great to hear that you are feeling better. Your world is going to change in a way that you cannot prepare for, and it is going to be such a blessing! Good to hear you are being taken care of. I am sure you are extremely exhausted most days. I only wish that I was there to share this milestone with you, but I look forward to meeting her and watching her (and you!) grow via FaceBook!
Colby, you are so blessed to have Micah.
Micah, you are so blessed to have Colby.
You both are abundantly blessed to have Caroline Grace.
I enjoyed seeing you last week. Daddy and Mommy are both "glowing"!!
Much love to all three of you,
Brenda (aka BeeBee)
Post a Comment