Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Changes in Latitude

I'm writing tonight to keep my mind occupied. My kids are taking the writing TAKS tomorrow and I'm a little on edge. It's filling up my mind space. I've never taught so much writing in all my life. Whew!

Well, as if posting that I'm over five months pregnant isn't enough for news, how 'bout this...we are moving to Lubbock. WOW! Totally unexpected (I opened a bank account for Caroline just a few weeks ago in town). Micah started a new job as the General Counsel of the Texas Tech University Foundation this week. Like all big, life changing decisions, we have had emotions all over the place about our new decision. Obviously, the job opportunity for Micah is a dream. He is truly the school's biggest fan. However, in his years practicing in private practice, he could not have asked to work for better people. He so values their mentorship and friendship. We really would have lived here forever had this opportunity not presented itself. For me, personally, I began to really feel invested here. I liked going into the bank and to the grocery store and seeing people I knew. Having grown up in a small town, living in Plainview brought back memories of my childhood. We are going to miss the new friendships we have made here and our church, but again, we are excited to see what God has in store for us in Lubbock. So to our Lubbock friends and coworkers, hope to see you soon!

Much love,

3 comments:

The Reeds said...

I hope you'll come visit Redeemer!!

Mika said...

That is super exciting news!!!

Sewn Together said...

Still pouting but this is so great! How's he liking the job thus far? Hope you are surviving Taks!