Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Wild Week

Wow! It's been one of those weeks, where I look back and think...man, whew, glad God gave me grace to make it through. Five weeks until the math and reading TAKS, and we've got a lot of work to do to get all of our minds at ease. That means only nine or ten more weeks until summer! Wednesday night I left with my three other fourth grade team members to Austin for a Verbalizing and Visualizing reading conference on Thursday and Friday. We had flight delays on every single flight we had to board due to crazy wind and rain. The conference was chalk full of information, but man, our heads were spinning at the end of the days. Unfortunately, we had some terrible shopping experiences. We cleaned up in Houston this summer so we were pretty disappointed in our findings. I suppose since I'll be hitting my third trimester in a couple of weeks, that's my last plane trip for awhile. On Friday, I had trouble getting on my wedding ring and my feet were swelling. Saturday I basically lounged around and slept all day out of sheet exhaustion. Sunday I woke up and began rapid fire cleaning for an open house we had today. Apparently, we had a great turnout. While the open house was going on, we went to Amarillo and got Dodger from my parents. It's so wonderful to hear the pitter-patter of his feet around the house makes it feel like home again! So now Micah is having dinner with an old friend and I'm resting up for a week that includes rapid fire teaching, a glucose tolerance test, and another house showing.

Much love,

2 comments:

Bret said...

ick - glucose tolerance....think of a flat crush soda and there you go. bottoms up! :)

Bret said...

oh - that was me! - Mindy!