The night we found out I was pregnant we had been to our Wednesday night couples Bible study. I dragged myself off the couch absolutely exhausted (I actually remember writing on the blog how I felt like sleep wouldn't even help how tired I felt). I didn’t know why I was so tired. That week was also Red Ribbon week at school and that day happened to be pajama day at school besides that fact that I also was in my evaluation week window that particular week. Besides feeling like I was dragging my behind, I also wore my loungewear/pajamas to our Bible study. Micah literally looked at me and said, “You are wearing that?” I could’ve cared less. We went to the Bible study and my prayer request was that I just felt drained in all areas of my life. Really, I think I just was super hormonal and didn’t know it. We went home and knowing I was only a day late I took a pregnancy test. I didn’t really have my hopes up or “just know that I was” that month…I really just took it because I had one left over. In fact, Micah walked in while I was tinkling on the stick. His response was concerned since I always got my hopes up and each time they had been negative accompanied a feeling of defeat and disappointment. I waited the three minutes the box instructed to do so and after three minutes there were two lines—pregnant. We couldn’t believe it. In fact, Micah decided we immediately needed more tests. Off to Wal-Mart, where he went in and bought two more tests. Back home for two more tests. Two more positive results for us. I had this image in my head of how I would tell him we were pregnant, but when it was least expected…it happened. And, we sat and found out together.
The first five months I did a whole lot of this on weekends and after work. I was a hermit.
Micah has always drawn me the most precious pictures. Here's the latest.
People always ask how is Dodger taking the news. Dodger is well known and of course, very important. Really he has been great. He loves children and we are excited for him to have someone else to chase him around and throw his toys. However, the week before we found out we were pregnant, we went to see my sister, nieces and parents and Reece had her dolls out playing with them. We found this picture of Dodger "playing" with her dolls and we got a kick out of it. Yes, he's grabbing her by the neck.
Here's Caroline at 20 weeks.
22 weeks pregnant
24 weeks pregnant
Much love,

1 comment:
Congrats to you & Micah! What an exciting time & I know you guys will be wonderful parents. Being a new parent has been the most amazing thing & I can not say enough about what a blessing it has been... best of luck! Oh and our pediatrician is Dr.McIntire we LOVE her, she is really personable & she has such a fun personality! She was my OB's pedi for her kiddos. Also she has a small practice & she is open on Saturday... it makes it seem really personal.
Post a Comment