What a great break I've had! I feel like I've accomplished some things on my "to do" list which makes me feel like a winner. The break started off with weekend rest. My body really needs it after five full days of teaching the youth of America. Micah's mom, Sherry and his sister, Ashlee, invited me to join them on their shopping excursion in Dallas from Monday through Wednesday. I decidedly abandoned the sleet and landed in a greener land. OH, the biggest news is that we found Caroline's bedding. I really didn't plan on finding the bedding, but when we walked into this adorable store this quilt spoke to me. It said, "I'm cute, different, and SCREAM buy me!" So, I did. Then, off to Pottery Barn Baby where Sherry and Ashlee went wild quickly matching up bumper, skirt, wall decor, and sheets as a gift. I literally cried. I'm so excited to put Caroline in her bed. The bedding made it just a tad more real. Besides shopping, I ate like a pig and thus haven't stepped on the scale since and visited extended family. I also got a glimpse of spring as I saw green grass, tulips, and trees in bloom. It's around the corner, it's around the corner...
Off to Lubbock, where a birthday boy, Micah, awaited us after work to celebrate with food. Ate more (but, can I just say how excited I am to be incorporating salsa and chips back into my life!). Oh, and then we drove around with the Home Brigade (Sherry and Ashlee) and scoped out neighborhoods for us to live in Lubbock.
We have had our home up on the market for about a week and half and so far we had six separate appointments set up to come a look at our house. I think we are quite neat and tidy people, but really I've never vacuumed and wiped down counter tops so much in all of my life. In my spare time, I've cleaned out several closets and drawers. Pretty cathartic.
Oh, and I've been socially quite active. I'm loving this sixth month business. I feel REMARKABLY better.
Much love,
2 comments:
So sorry your week is over! Sounds like fun to go shop though.
It was good to get updated on your life...the last post was great. Our pregnancies were often revealed in the same manner - Bret always knew wihin 3 minutes of the test too. So fun ... We are so happy for you guys!
Thanks for the updates. Now, I want to see pics of the bedding. I bet it's soooo cute.
Post a Comment