Another thing running through my mind is purchasing the necessities. Besides some clothes I’ve received and a few odds and ends, I’ve bought nothing for her. I was going to wait until the 28 week mark when I go in for another sonogram just to make she that Caroline is a still a girl. I have this fear that even though the sonogram doctor and nurse were quite certain she was a little girl that suddenly it might appear not to be so when delivery comes. Boy or girl…we are thrilled either way. I just don’t want to spend a small fortune on all things frilly and fabulous and end up with a little boy. I know I’d end up laughing and not caring after seeing a healthy baby, but still…I need some help from fellow mommies, aunts, grandmommies. I think everyone knows more than I do. I need to know what I need. What are the absolute must haves? What was a total waste of money? Who’s your pediatrician? Tell me everything! I need to know it all. Email me, call me, facebook me, post here in the comments. I just need scoop!
This past weekend, the worker bees (Micah’s family) came to town to help prepare our house to be sold. They mowed, cleaned, and moved. What a great help! Seriously, I keep looking at how beautiful my toilet bowl looks! It’s always fun to have family come into town to visit.
Oh, and can I just mention how excited I am that writing TAKS is over and done with! I love writing, but teaching writing can be a laborious task to teach and grade! This means no more tutorials until after Spring Break, too. This week and last we are benchmarking on reading and math. And, oh, Spring Break…I love you. I mean, I really love you. You mean a few things to me: rest, a birthday boy is turning the big 2-8, the word spring is in your name which means warm weather is around the corner, flowers, and daylight savings time begins which means it will be lighter later!
Much love,

2 comments:
so excitd you'll be coming to lubbock soon!! i can't wait to see that sweet baby girl! i would wait on purchasing much of anything until after you have showers...you'll be amazed at what you get! (and be sure to put me on the guest list!) but take a mommy friend with you to register, that will help a ton! and i LOVE our pedi --- Dr. Amanda Guetersloh...she's just precious ande you'd LOVE her. She's at West Texas Pediatrics. Excited for yoU!
I agree with your friend . . . wait off on buying a lot of things to see what you get. The only thing that I absolutely loved and wish I had more of were the sleepers. They were fantastic! Babies kick off their blankets and this way they're still covered. I made sure to have a few extra more than I did with Joey for Clarissa. By the way, go crazy on your registration. I ended up getting everything on my registration and then some. People love buying for babies.
Post a Comment