Saturday, July 17, 2010

Three Weeks

Three weeks. It's just going by so fast. In just a few days she will be a month old. I know it's silly, but where does the time go. I really could sit and watch her for hours. I lose track of time as she lies on my chest sleeping. I think I might be one of those mothers that cries out of sheer joy and pride at every accomplishment of Caroline's. I'm already thinking about her leaving for college. Seriously, the hormones need to stop. I've bawled my eyes out all day over all the "what if's."

This past week Caroline had her two week doctor's appointment. She is up to a whopping 7 lbs. This puts her in the 20th percentile for weight. She's grown a smidge longer at 18.8 inches long; she is in the 10th percentile for height. In first grade, we had this program we put on for parents about family. One of the songs had a line in that said, "Good things come in small packages, small packages, small packages, like me..." So true for my Sweet Caroline. I still can remember part of the song and some of the motions. I really liked music in school.

We also had Caroline's pictures made. You can see the photo gallery at http://www.denaehutsonphotography.com/clients/index.php?do=photocart&viewGallery=10147

Denae was awesome to work with. Patience is her virtue. I had to feed Caroline four times during the shoot, followed by a poop on Micah on the black set, and a tinkle on the white set and Denae rounded out our time together. Then, a sleeping baby followed. I love the pictures of Micah and Caroline. So sweet. I look at our family photos and I'm really having a hard time with baby weight. I was getting prepared for the pictures and told Micah to wear this particular blue shirt and I was going to wear this cute white top that had a little extra room in the waist. When I went to try it on the night before pictures, I looked like a sausage squeezed into it. I had to resort to a dress I wore while I was still pregnant. The more I try to put on my clothes the more I am discovering nothing fits. I really feel guilty that I am so concerned with my weight and size. Just a warning...you will probably see the same few outfits rotated until I get the last pounds off. However, Caroline even if my zippers don't zip and buttons don't button don't close for awhile...you are so worth it.

Much love,


2 comments:

Staci Hutto said...

Time goes by so fast, especially after having a child! Hang in there, each day that passes you have more experience under your belt! It seems like the first week was so much better, and by the first month things were improving, and now we have finished the first year, it is hard to believe that we have accomplished so much! It took me about 2 months before I felt "normal" again. By then I was back to normal weight and the crying had slowed down quite a bit! But, be prepared, because although the clothes will fit, some will no longer look the same! Even though a weigh less now that I did before I got pregnant, I cannot wear some of my tops because they are a little clingy, and, well, I'm just not teh smae woman I was! Kinda weird though since my jeans are a smaller size. You are a beautiful mother. Keep posting the pics!
Staci

Truman Family said...

Don't worry about your weight especially if you're nursing. You'll find that you're almost back to your normal weight pretty soon, but can't seem to shake off those few extra pounds. I went and bought a whole lot of new pants and around four months later I woke and found that nothing fit. I suddenly found that I weighed less than before I was pregnant.