Monday, July 26, 2010

One month old

Dear Caroline,

As I sit here days after your month birthday, I am watching you sleep and snore in your lamb chair. Your arms are right by your head just like you had them in our sonogram pictures. Besides your daddy, I have never loved anything like I love you, and even that love is different.

On Friday, we celebrated your month old birthday by what else but making you take pictures to document your growth. We even made a debut at Plainview's newest Italian restaurant Fino's to meet up with the Friday night dinner group. You slept through the dinner. Then, we came home, rocked, and took pictures on your lamb mat.

You are still figuring out night and days, but we are seeing more and more improvement as I work hard to make night boring so you will want to sleep. It's hard not to talk to you or kiss your sweet lips during those quiet times! You are very serious about your "groceries" or "snacks" and about the only time we really hear your voice screech is when you are alerting me that I deprived you of your meal in a timely manner. Daddy still laughs at your grunting and slurping noises as you eat. Hopefully, you won't be making those noises in a few years. Right now, they are very funny! You are strong. You love holding your head up off my shoulder, and you use your feet to push up off my tummy as you inch up towards my face. You even like to help hold your pacifier and put your hand on your bottle sometimes.

What joy you have brought your daddy and me! Know that you are loved.

Pictures from our celebration of Caroline's one month birthday



Much love,

Mommy

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh my...Caroline has really grown since I saw her in the hospital! She is absolutely beautiful, just like her mommy!! Isn't that love God placed in our hearts for our babies so amazing? I can't wait to see her again and for Laci to meet her. Hurry up and get moved to Lubbock!!
Love you guys...

Sewn Together said...

What a sweet post! The time goes by so fast! Just precious...rest will come soon - I promise!!! I know it sounds silly but enjoy these days...and nights...and late nights...they will all be a blur soon.