We have had so much help and support the last two weeks. Micah's mom and sister greeted us when we came home and helped the first 36 hours in. Then, my mom came and stayed most of the first week. She took the 12-6 AM shift, cleaned, cooked, and laundered. Maybe I am a little bit of a dictator...by the end of the week, she responded with, "Yes, 'a Miss Colby." After Mom left and I bawled uncontrollably, we went to Midland the next day for Fourth of July fun (fun for Micah and I is getting more sleep with Gido, Gammy, and Aunt Ashlee on duty!). Today we had professional pictures of Caroline made. I know, I know...the child can't go two seconds without having her picture taken! Speaking of pictures, we traveled to Lubbock for our pictures. Man, getting out the door with baby is tough stuff. We are learning to change diapers in the backseat of the car, I almost had to feed my sweet Snackarella in a shady gas station parking lot...alone...luckily she fell asleep after her diaper change. Then, driving home today, I hit blinding rain on the way back the last ten minutes. I prayed out loud for Caroline's safety. I still am amazed that God immediately changes the way I have thought. He just has taken so much selfishness out of me and has replaced it with selflessness. And, I needed it!
Much love,

4 comments:
Sounds like you are taking to be a mommy quite smoothless...I knew you would!!! Can't wait to see her pics!!!
oops = *being a mommy quite smoothly* Geeze...I done forgot my edukation. :)
Keith and I took a trip to New Jersey when Joey was three months. We ended up hitting traffic in NYC and was stuck on the GW bridge at a stand still when suddenly Joey got very hungry. I had to lean over and nurse him. Talk about uncomfortable!
You are already a fabulous mommy, it happens instantly...isn't it a strange and wonderful thing! I remember when Braidy was born just thinking of how much I loved this little guy and crying....and driving by the daycare I would be taking him to in 3 months and sobbing like a baby. Caroline's a lucky little lady!
Post a Comment