Micah just made a run for more bubble wrap and Miss Caroline is about to wake up for more snacks and I suppose I'll jot a few thoughts down about this moving gig. This is our last weekend before we close on our house in Plainview and our home in Lubbock. Back in March when Micah began his job and began driving and our house went on the market, I didn't think we would be sitting in our home in August with our little girl about to move. God had a different plan than we did. My mom says that Caroline needed to be loved on be our Plainview friends before we moved. I kinda like that thought. I agree. She sure has been bathed in love by our friends. As I sit here, our house looks weird. No candles burning. No pictures on the walls. Furniture moved here and there. Boxes piled up. It doesn't seem like our home anymore. I remember when we were really debating buying this house Micah said, "I really can see our kids playing outside in on their swing set." From that moment on, I saw that same picture above anything else in my mind. We bought our house with the idea that we would live in this home for a very long time. It's sad for me to let the idea of "our home" go. So many memories have been made in this house in just 2.5 years. It seems we became real adults in this house. I grew as a teacher as I cried LOTS each night I came home the first few months in my job. We have made a few repairmen rich as we called them out to fix things that were never broken in the first place. Some of them looked at us like we were nuts. Not nuts...just not handy and clueless. We prayed many a prayer for a sweet baby and were blessed with one we brought home to this home. Looking up at the stars at night outside the bright city lights strikes me as stunning and will never get old. And, the laughter shared in this house...I know we'll bring the same love and laughter to our new home, but there's something so special about your first home.
So among the boxes, I sit with lots of thoughts swirling my brain. Next week, I will start teaching high school history again. I haven't taught the high school level since student teaching, but I'm so excited to get back to teaching history. I start on the day the movers are at my house in Plainview. Take a moment. Seriously. I know. Crazy. I haven't really had a lot of time to prepare my mind that I'm going back to work, but maybe that's better for my own self.
I am excited about our new house. I am excited to make it our own. It has been kept in great condition and it seems like a really loving family has been living there.
Goodbye, Plainview. Thank you for wonderful memories. I wish I could pack up my friends with me and transport you 55 miles south, but will carry fond memories with me.
Much love,
3 comments:
Yeah, yeah, yeah. See ya later plainview. HELLO LUBBOCK!!! Good to see you again starbucks and wendys. Great to hear from you local radio. And how could we leave out the reason you are moving... Its great to be back home texas tech. FBC plainview is a gem. So are the people, but sorry about you plainview. Welcome back maloufs!!!
Please let me know how I can help you! I'm so excited that you will be back in Lubbock soon. Call me...I need details. Laci will be here in 13 days!!!
Colby! I'm so excited for ya'll. I can't wait to see pics of the new house. Email me the new address. I might need to send Miss Caroline some more things.
Post a Comment