On Monday, August 23, you turned two months old. That same day you had to go have vaccines at your well baby doctor's appointment. I had to send you with Daddy because today was my first day at work with students present. I thought about you all day. I couldn't wait to return home and see my sweet girl. You had two bandages on each thigh from your shots. Poor girl. You also have grown. Your weigh 11.1 pounds which puts you in the 60th percentile and now 22.5 inches long placing you in the 75th percentile. Wow! I haven't been kidding when I tell people that you are very serious about eating! The doctor did say that you were probably in the midst of a growth spurt.
You are such a bright light in my life. It doesn't matter what kind of day I have had or really anything when I see you worries disappear. You really have found yourself in the mirror; it makes changing your diapers a little more fun to watch you be absolutely fascinated by your reflection. Maybe you have found out what the rest of us have noticed...you are beautiful! Everywhere I go, you are complimented! Instead of being humble, I want to scream, "I know, right! She's wonderful and the best thing I've EVER done!" I have not gone that far, but I do have to remind myself to say thank you and move along. You adore your bath time. I got to start giving you a real bath your baby tub was unpacked and Aunt Ashlee assembled it. You even fell asleep in the bath while Mimi was bathing you! I'm with you, Caroline, baths are a relaxing way to end my day, too! You have also started smiling at us. It absolutely delights my soul to get a good 'ole gummy smile. Tonight, when I put you on your play mat you began hitting the toys over your head. I screamed at Daddy to come in and watch. We love watching you learn your world.
Know that you are loved.



Much love,
Mommy

1 comment:
She is just precious!!!!! Maybe we can meet for Furr's date again soon!
Post a Comment