Friday, September 3, 2010

Holding on Tight

Our little family has been holding on tight as life has been going at full speed ahead. We have been in survival mode for about three weeks. We have moved to Lubbock after having our house on the market for several months longer than anticipated in Plainview. We took a hit which we definitely did not expect to happen on selling the home so I have gone back to work to makeup the difference. It's not pleasant to think about losing money on a house, but we were throwing so much money down the drain in gas and miles on cars that it made sense just to get out. We are really liking our new home. Of course, there are things here and there that we would like to do to make it our own, but right now we are still trying to dig out of boxes. Most were unpacked immediately by our great moms who came to our rescue before and after the move. I started working at a high school in town. I haven't taught high school since I student taught so it's been an awakening to my stern voice, no nonsense and sometimes sassy attitude that I have shelved for several years. I am teaching 9th grade World Geography and 10th grade World History. Two TAKS tested subjects on this new C-Scope curriculum program has my brain in overdrive. This working parent stuff keeps us busy and tired. Micah and I have done a really good job of trying to be equitable in sleep and duties. Caroline started attending a church nursery program this week. She seems to adjust very well to her surroundings. The first day I picked her up, Miss Dora asked if she could feed her more because Caroline was letting her know that she was still hungry. My child is SERIOUS about her eating schedule and portions! Everyday we get a report on what she did that day and they even write out lesson plans. She has been sleeping better since this week, too. School makes me worn out also.

In essence, if I haven't called, you haven't seen me or better yet you have seen me and thought--yikes...really pjs again, I seem a bit frazzled, etc. etc. etc.-----it's because I'm just trying to hold on tight until I figure out a little something called balance.

Much love,








1 comment:

Sewn Together said...

I can somewhat relate to the moving, new baby transition - Adjusting from 0 to 1 kids in tough!!! You'll master it soon! (Going from 1-2 kids is MUCH MUCH easier!!!) You are doing great!!! Hang in there!!!