Monday, September 13, 2010

Oprah

Dear Oprah,

Today you started your 25th season. I turned 28 about six weeks ago. I really have grown up with you. I didn't start watching recently...I really have watched for a long time. I have last period conference so I came home and watched while Caroline napped. Actually, let's be truthful. I had Micah set Oprah up on DVR so I could watch Oprah just last week after I get home from work(we are new to DVR--wow...so great!). I went to get Caroline early and as soon as I pulled her out of her carseat she had messed all up her back so the first thirty minutes were captured by the fabulous DVR while Caroline got a much needed bath! Back to Oprah. I have watched as you have changed hairstyles, gained weight, lost weight, lost dogs, struggled, cried from great surprises, and laughed with your best friends. I know this is silly, but I feel like we are sorta friends...friends with different views, but friends that talk about our views on the couch. And, I love "interviewing" people--have you ever played the question game with me? During the summer, I have scheduled my errands around the 3 PM showing of Oprah. I really admire her attitude towards education and hard work. I love a good pull yourself up by the bootstraps story! So, I've "Run On" and "I'm Every Woman" with you. Can't wait to see what's going to happen this season.

Much love,