1) You know the cool guy or girl that you seem to think was just WAY too cool...they are still very present in high school and you know, now...not so cool...just obnoxious. Why is it that being cool was much more important than being kind and a person of substance?
2) I really enjoyed a good Amarillo High School pep rally. It seemed like almost everyone participate, yelled, etc. Having been to other school pep rallys...this is not the case for other student bodies. Goooooo Sandies!
3) R-E-S-P-E-C-T. I respected property, teachers, administration, rules, peers. This is not always the case.
4) There is a rule hanging in the hall. No PDA. I saw this couple holding hands. I'm going to not count holding hands as against the rules. I held hands. I was a good girl...not a rule breaker. Then, I came across a couple in the hall after school and this girl was visibly upset and her boyfriend was comforting her and telling her it would be alright. Not really breaking the rules. Everyone needs someone to tell them it's going to be okay from time to time. Having said this, anyone that starts mugging down in front of me...ewww...it will have to stop.
5) High school was not the greatest part of my life. I liked it. Have fond memories. But, not the greatest part of my life.
6) I really feel like I had a great academic experience with really knowledgeable instructors. People said how hard college would be...not really. I thought high school really prepared me for college in many ways.
7) Do you ever get on facebook and wonder what became of people? I do. And, there's some shockers out there. Most not surprising at all.
8) I still keep in touch with my best friends in high school on some level. I really like them.
9) I think I just recently threw out my last AHS heather gray tennis sweatshirt. It was looking dated.
10) I keep overhearing conversations and seeing the same types of behaviors to a certain degree and in some cases...the more things change, the more they stay the same.
Much love,

No comments:
Post a Comment