Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Posting in my Robe

I've been chastised for my non-posting ways lately. I cannot think in coherent paragraphs this time of evening so here goes.

a. I never have loved my robe so much in all my life. This goes for sleep, pillows, my bed. Do you see a theme? My dream present would be 48 hours of uninterrupted sleep. I would also have meals in bed, too. Yep. This is the stuff fantasies are made of.

b. Caroline slept in her bed for the first time all night last night 9:30 PM to 6:00 AM. I woke up and nearly skipped to work with the extra energy!

c. Dora the Explorer is in the shop for majorly loud, squeaky noises. They are going to try to keep her going as long as possible.

d. Guilt. I could write a whole blog everyday on how guilty I feel about everything in my life. Guilty for working. Guilty for the laundry not being done each day. Guilty for my lack of cooking. Guilty for not getting the baby weight off sooner. Guilty for being so tired. Guilty for not being better at socializing. Guilty for not having found a church. Guilty for not being more fun. Guilty at work in many ways. Guilty for the way I look. I look rough some days. And, because of these deep seeds of guilt, I take criticism to heart--constructive or not. Motherhood is hard. Being a wife is hard. Being a teacher is hard. Being a friend that anyone would want to be around right now, hard. To have a friend, you have to be a friend. And really, I want to sleep and catch up on all the things I'm behind on. Laundry, bottles, cleaning, grading, planning, and sleeeeeeeeeeep. Being Dodger Malouf's owner...hard, too.

e. Thanksgiving is almost 2 weeks away. Gobble, gobble. I am so thankful for many blessings. That needs to be a whole new post. I really am so grateful. Right now, I don't sound that way.

There you go. Not my most glamorous post.

Much love,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear One do not feel guilty. Life is short. Just love your sweet family let the house go, do the best you can offer at work and rest, rest when there is time. The blog is wonderful and as much as I love reading about baby, Dodger and hubby, some things must wait their turn, Continue to be the sweet one you are and do not fret. Thank you for updated blogs when there is time and I'll continue to wait for you to have time, Continued blessing for you and yours,

Brenda said...

Colby Leigh ~
You are an incredibly amazing daughter, sister, wife, mommy, teacher, and friend. Do NOT feel guilty. Becoming a mommy, moving to another city, and starting a new job IS hard, but you are doing a fantastic job! Please call me...BeeBee needs some sweet Caroline time!! I love you bunches!

Kim said...

I've been there with the mixed feelings & guilt. Its ok & will get better. I'm in a bit of a slump myself right now. We just need to have some free time together soon. Even if its laying in robes drinking some cokes- we'll just send the girls & husbands out for the day!

Anonymous said...

My sweet Colby, guilt is futile. There is NO room for it especially when you are working and are a first time mommy. Just put it aside, pick Caroline up, rock her, snuggle with her, and love on her all you want to cuz before you know it, she'll be grown up. I would have been a lot happier if I didn't think my house had to be perfect and just put on a pot of beans and played more with ya'll. You are doing the best you can do!!! And, my dear, this too shall pass and you'll miss the time that you got up to feed her-Trust me!! Love you as high as the sky and down to the ground!! Mimi

Sewn Together said...

You spoke to my heart with this one. Amen Sistah! AMEN!!!!