skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Are you really living?
During my 55 minute drive this morning, I tuned in to Kidd Kraddick this morning. This was a pretty typical drive, except instead of laughing or zoning out, I cried. I can cry at the drop of the hat, but this was crying while driving--in between semis. Eeeks. I've been thinking a lot about death lately. Morbid? Actually, no. I attended a funeral last week; I didn't know the person very well so it was sort of like watching everything from the outside. For me, it made me examine what I really want out of life. It put things into perspective. I've been so focused on house repairs, organization, savings, yadda, yadda, yadda that Micah and I felt like we are passing each other in the night. Exhausted from work, needing a break, just too much going on, not enough a money, were all the excuses we used. Yesterday, I agreed to a weekend getaway. Today, I looked up the hotel were I wanted to go and said we have got to reconnect. Get me out of the Panhandle. Why? As I listened to Kidd Kraddick, it was about a man named Randy Pausch, a professor at Carnegie Mellon. He is dying of cancer. He is married and has three children. He gave his last lecture on childhood dreams. My childhood dream...to be married, have a family, be kind, and be successful. So thanks to Mr. Pausch, I'm going to live in the moment more. Lately, I have wanted a picture in a field of bluebonnets. It's April, and if I have anything to do with it...I'm going to the Hill Country this weekend to knock that small dream off my list (I'm even hoping it makes it to the Christmas card). I suggest you go to U Tube and type Randy Pausch. Get ready for tears. And, go chase you dreams.Much love,
2 comments:
Chase on, girl! I love those life defining moments.
Hi! You don't know me, but I'm Chad Hill's wife. I was reading his email :) and found your blog! It's cute. Anyway, just wanted to let you know. Hope you like Plainview!
Post a Comment