Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm really spreading the joy...

I've been reading Where the Red Fern Grows to my students over the past month. We wrapped up the book today, and I just lost it. I'm just really spreading the joy! I heard sniffles from the children, too. I couldn't make the tears stop reading the last two chapters. I know I didn't cry this much when I read it in the sixth grade. My students offered to take over reading, but since it's above their level of reading, I knew I had to continue through the quivering voice and wiping my face. I love my dog Dodger Malouf so much. He really is such a bright spot in my life. I cannot imagine not having him, but I know the life span of a dog is much shorter than a humans. If I could make him live forever, I would.

To Dodger:
I love the way you smell like maple syrup to me and no one else.
I love the way you cuddle with me...making your pops jealous.
I love the way you know when we don't feel well or feel sad and mop up the tears.
I love how you like to be held when I get home.
I love the number of nicknames we have given you.
I love the voice we've also given you; I agree, Pops does the voice much better!
I love the way you spring like a bunny when you run.
I love your growl...I think it's funny, but I know you won't bite us!
I love how you hate your Pops and I in the bathroom in the same time. Why? You silly boy.

Aren't dogs a blessing? Aren't books a blessing, too? I love you Dodger Malouf, #1 dog in the whole wide world!

Much love,

Photobucket

4 comments:

Monica Curry said...

I'm with you. My first baby was my Scouters. Although she's been a bit neglected since Braidy, I still love her with all my heart, she's my baby!! They are the best companions ever.

mandal said...

How precious:) Makes me want to get a dog. I love how they are so loyal!

Lauren said...

Dodgie is so sweet. I love it when he sleeps and he's so peaceful then if you try to make him move he's mad. He is such a good chiller and tons of fun to play with. Which reminds me I have a pic of him I found the other day to send you of Dodger. I miss him and sneaking him a bit of tortilla. He was the cutest tiniest pup i've ever seen.

kristen lewis said...

You are hilarious. I can only imagine what you will be like with a human baby!