Thursday, May 8, 2008

Our health is important

My friend across the hall was diagnosed with breast cancer in the fall. She's 27 and didn't have a family history, and it spread really, really fast. After lots of procedures and chemotherapy she's on the mend and we are doing our hall duty gab fest again! My dad just went to the cardiologist today. Good for him. He hates going to the doctor. I've been begging him to go for a long time. He came out with thumbs up. It just made me think about my own health. I finally found a "girly" doctor I liked! (I can just see Micah blushing when he reads this...I can share everything and Micah, well, not so much!). I should mention that feeling comfortable is pretty important during this type of appointment, and I feel this added pressure to find someone great since they would presumably deliver my children one day--kind of an important deal! Thanks to Kristen for the doctor recommendation. I walked in to the waiting room, and there were adorable babies and couples going in together for pregnancy checkups. I kept staring at them behind my Conception magazine wondering if they just found out or how far along they were. The receptionists knew the kids in the waiting room by name. It was precious. I should mention that where I went before was a far sight from happy, preggo land and really depressing. I even heard a heartbeat through the wall...I teared up. Luckily, regrouped before the new doctor walked in. Anyway, my new doctor took time to get to know me and answered my questions whether small or little. I always feel stupid asking questions, and yes being a teacher I do think there are stupid questions. And, no even though the camera was in my purse, I didn't take pictures, haha!

Much love,


Photobucket

1 comment:

kristen lewis said...

I am so glad that you found someone that you trust with your girlie bits. You will make a fabulous mommy one of these days. Thank you for sparing us the pictures.