We watched the movie last night. Let me rephrase that last line...we watched a movie last night with sobbing involved. The story line at times was over the top and cheesy, but it is hard not to get emotional when you watch someone lose the love of their life. I'm guessing spiders, snakes, and public speaking isn't most people's deep-down worst fear, but to be left alone. When Micah was driving back and forth from Lubbock, I worried all the time. I wanted to move here and for me to drive instead of him just so I wouldn't worry. There is a scene in which the main character calls her dead husband's phone to hear his voice on voice mail. I remember when my mom was unresponsive last year; I would call her work voice mail listen and hang up. Then once I actually got words out and just talked small talk, but there's something powerful about the distinct sound of each unique voice. Empathy is something we all could use a good dose of every now and again. It makes me so grateful for our health, and it also makes me think of friends who have lost loved ones or who are in the process of knowing they will lose someone. In any case, tell the people around you how much you appreciate them and love them.
No post-script needed...I love you.
No post-script needed...I love you.


No comments:
Post a Comment