skip to main |
skip to sidebar
I don't have a cute title...
My goal was to blog twice a week, but lately I'm falling behind to once a week...and I can't even think of a title. So my week went something like this...TAKS (gag, gag, gag some more...let me add that I used to like to give the TAKS because I could grade papers and actually get stuff done...NOW, I just stand and "actively monitor" thinking--there is only so much thinking I can do!!!). I had a meeting with a private school, but I don't think teaching high school Spanish is my calling--really not for 18k a year. Oh, we went to Midland for the weekend to pick up Dodger from his grandparents. I missed him more than he missed me. I made him take a bath before he got on my clean sheets, and today he left me quite the surprise to come home to...I literally thought my sewage system was backed up. I'm still not entirely certain what end it came from...luckily it was on the tile...thank you Dodge for being courteous in your time of illness! Back to Midland. We had fun...it's always good to get out of town, reconnect with people, and eat grilled food. I was sitting in church on Sunday at Micah's hometown church...it's a different denomination that I grew up in and I've liked going, but every time I was there I was analyzing something. Why do they say this? What does that mean? I was studying it more than just being there, anyway...I really liked this service. I don't think it had to do with the pastor or much of anything else (however, this time I did know some of the good 'ole hymns--I love hymns!) except maybe my attitude of just being present in the moment. Maybe it has something to do with my current frustration in trying to find a home church. As I type, I should note that this is a grammatical mess! Forgive me. I know...I use too many dashes, run ons, ellipses are my favorite and I misuse them all of the time. I know. I know. I know. Just pretend this is me talking. Oh, and I have no pictures from this weekend. I should have taken some. These days, Dodger and Reece seem to be the camera's focus...I must branch out. This week should be busy. It's shower season and I'm busy planning for a baby shower and a wedding shower. Today I made the invitations (it seriously took me WAAAAAAAY too long to do them...I'm printer challenged). Luckily, everyone liked them. Then, more job applications...I found a job at a college that has peaked my interests. We will see...
Much love,
No comments:
Post a Comment