Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Long time no chat

It's been awhile, no? I think I'm suffering from sheer, utter mental exhaustion. Hence, no posting lately. I'm really trying to push through it, but man...really, when is spring??? I don't enjoy driving on ice.

Here's what's been going on in Plainview. Friday night we celebrated a 30th birthday with our Sunday school friends. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. I loved that people were vulnerable enough to share some hilarious embarrassing moments. Isn't great when people just act "real" without pretense? Saturday I woke up super sick and laid around all day. My throat closed up and I had a nasty headache. Then, I had to get ready for the ball. I actually ended up wearing something I had in the closet. It was an organza ball skirt, beaded tank (I've had both since my sophomore year in college--the last time I wore these pieces I was a date with another boy, wild, huh?), and a satin trimmed cardigan. It was cold that night, and I wasn't feeling well; I just wanted to be warm and cozy. It actually looked really cute and different! It was a fun night in spite of wanting to crawl in bed! More rest for Sunday. Then, we were off to the Brad Paisley concert. I loved it! Here's some sap for you. A couple of Micah's friends hadn't given us a gift and took Micah to Best Buy to pick out gifts (I guess they didn't like purchasing china?). We ended up with a Brad Paisley cd. Micah brought it on the plane as we were off to Maui. He played this one song..."she's everything." He said it reminded him of me. Naturally, I cried during that one, along with the other three times I teared up. As it turns out, that cd turned out to be a great gift! Love a good love song!

Much love,

Photobucket

2 comments:

kristen lewis said...

I was starting to worry about you! I am with you- bring on Spring!

Monica Curry said...

Wasn't the concert AMAZING!!! I am in LOVE with brad and darius. I mean, whoa. And the fact that Brad is SO in love with his wife just makes him that much more adorable. I hope you're feeling better! I think we should all start a countdown for spring break, summer, something! This semester is creeeeeeeping!