Saturday, January 17, 2009

No one's home and it's early to call so I blog

Good Morning!

As I type, I'm in bed all wrapped up cozy with the heater cranked up! I dropped Micah off at the airport last night to fly to Dallas to pick up his old truck to drive home today. When we were driving home from Dallas after attending the Cotton Bowl, I was banned from driving the truck home. I cannot handle city traffic even from the passenger seat (I put my head down and clutch the door or seatbelt). I also have only driven his truck twice in the seven years we've been together. I feel bad though...he has a cold and flying and driving is the last thing you want to do feeling under the weather. I made it through the night by myself. I did sleep with my bedroom television on and glasses on, too! Before I went to bed I had the house all lit up! I really don't know how I ever lived alone!

I started intensive tutoring this last week. Four days a week, seven students a day after school. Whew! I now have this new thing where I wake up at 3 AM and don't go back asleep until 5 AM thinking about school...how will I reach this one...what if I taught it this way...why don't they get it? Writing TAKS in six weeks. Reading and math, end of April...the countdown is on.

I have the symphony ball activities this week, too. I think I have my dress ready. I had two choices last year. I wore an amazing dress last year and felt great (really, how many times a year do you get to wear something spectacular?). I have the backup dress to wear this year. I have to attend a ton of practices in the evening, and then I'm hosting a baby shower this week, too. Plus the afterschool tutoring...oxygen, please!

I have an annoying pain on my left side. It's been going on for about two weeks. It's dull, but wakes me up since I'm a tummy sleeper. I think it may be a cyst (yes, I googled my symptoms), but I don't know since I've never had one...it seems like there's not a lot they can do for it and sometimes they go away on their own, so I've read. Maybe I'll call my doctor...errr, when I have time. I usually call only during desperation. Guess I'm not that bad.

Oh, my couch has been repaired! It looks like a whole new couch at a fraction of the cost! The man recovering my furniture picked up the chair and ottoman when I finished the couch. I'm excited it's coming together...can't wait to see it!

A few things that have made me smile this week:
--my conversation with Reece (Hewoo Coby, where Micah and Dodder?)
--watching the Bachelor (I normally don't like the guy they choose...I think they're too slick and creepy, but I'm rooting for this one)
--Dodger pawing at my pants to be held like a baby (we're nuts, we know!)
--Micah's ipod surprises me...flipping through he downloaded songs from church we've been singing (see why I love him!)
--my tutorial kids screamed, "I know, I know...we did this yesterday in tutorials" as we reviewed with the whole class for their math test.

Much love,

Photobucket

1 comment:

mandal said...

We are liking the Bachelor too! I want to see pictures of your couch...we are looking for new ones. And after reading your blogs, I don't know if I can be both mom and teacher. It's alot! Happy Wednesday to you:)