I had glasses in elementary school. Thankfully, I switched to contacts the summer between 6th and 7th grade. Looking back, I think how dorky I looked in glasses. Small head, big frames (not to mention, my giant poof of bags complimented by a giant bow or headband!). I even picked out a pair of pink plastic frames and later navy wire frames (Micah calls these my octagons...I wore them from 5th grade to my senior year of high school at night...it was a bad day when the contacts would not go in my eyes)! As I'm looking at people.com this evening, I run across a split screen between Sarah Jessica Parker in the '80s and Lourdes (Madonna's daughter) today. Tell me these glasses are not coming back! Upon seeing my pictures from childhood, Micah told me, "It's a wonder you had friends." After seeing the two pictures below, maybe I was cool after all.

Much love,
1 comment:
The operative word there is "maybe." You make me laugh.
Post a Comment