Left Plainview at 5:00 AM to Lbk airport. First things first, Micah was pulled over by TSA to be searched. I snickered during the whole patdown (Micah is quite funny to travel with...that one-fourth Lebanon blood gets him searched everytime!). Smooth flight!
As soon as we arrived we ate and made to make a trip for toothpaste and sunscreen (mine were too big for flight regulations). Here's one of the first true Floridians we saw...
Then, it was off to our hotel to get checked in and nap. We had been up since 4 AM and were exhausted. We stayed at Rosen Shingle Creek. It was marvelous! This is the front view after you drive down a path of lovely gardens and the second picture is the view out our window.
We woke up and began to get ready to watch the firework show to DisneyWorld before our dinner reservations.
The firework show was great! We went upstairs for our 9:30 PM at California Grill. We ate super expensive steak and pork tenderloin followed by my favorite, the molten chocolate cake overlooking DisneyWorld at night. I had something cute on, but got chilly and grabbed my sweater from the plane hence my old grandma look. After dinner, we were so tired, and full that we joked about taking the table cloth and falling asleep.
We slept in and woke up to go to Disney's Wide World of Sports for a spring training game Braves versus Tigers.
Micah is a sports history nut. On one of our first dates he quizzed me on baseball trivia since I told him I liked baseball. He was impressed. Little did he know, I have a great memory and my dad also watched SportsCenter and pick up on names real quick...I really don't know that much!
These men were so cute and I totally sang along "Take Me Out to the Ballgame."
I loved all the flowers. I came home to Plainview on Sunday to dormant grass...sad face.
Micah insisted that we buy sunscreen that was three dollars cheaper than my kind. I know my sunscreen. His left me greasy. I sat a napkin down in my lap to eat my grilled chicken sandwich and off came the blue ink from the napkin onto my very white legs. It looked like vericose veins. I rubbed and rubbed and finally it came off. Micah insisted on a picture. The sunscreen was not used again and remained in Orlando.
Let's play ball!
Men scratch. I get it. Baseball players really scratch. Some more than others. I kept noticing one of the players doing so repeatedly. Then Micah caught on. Here's just a few pictures of the view he gave us!
After the game, we decided to drive to the Harry Leu Gardens. We drove in major traffic and were late getting there. After we arrived, we saw a wedding was beginning so we snuck around and got a few pictures. I wish we could have stayed. It was so beautiful just from the very little we saw.
The house. Lovely.
I was fascinated with the moss.
I hope we are rocking together 75 years from now.
Lots of lizards rustling in the vegetation.
This is the life picture.
Time for golf. Miniature golf. Fancy, growup mini golf with the Captain Blackbeard theme.
The first joke Micah laughed at from me ended in the line "Peg Leg." Great picture from a great memory.
Saturday we woke up and went to the Arnold Palmer Invitational. No cameras were allowed so we took picture outside the resort. We were so close to all the professional golfers. At one point, we were in arms length of Tiger Woods. We watched him warm up for about an hour. We were so close that Micah assisted a photographer with her pictures of the balls on the green.
We flew back to Texas on Sunday. As soon as we switched planes in Houston, my first words were, "I look like a giant Easter egg. I guess what works in Florida, doesn't fly here." I was wearing lemon yellow pants, pink and white check shirt with multi-colored sleeves and a lime green cardigan with embroided flowers in pink and green. Shhh, I like looking like an Easter egg!
Thank you Micah for a great surprise trip. Your thoughtfulness and effort was very evident. I count my blessings that I am your wife.
I see why people like to "winter" in Florida. Goodbye, Florida. I miss you!
Much love,

5 comments:
What a sweetie! You should definitely keep him! I love that the scratching man made the blog. Way to keep it real, Malouf.
Wow! I am impressed...that is AWESOME!!!! Can your husband call my husband?!?! No, mine is wonderful, but I sure would LOVE a trip to the sunshine state! Ya'll are tooo cute for words!
You and your pastels were meant to winter in Florida.
Tell Micah that if he ever wants to book you another surprise trip to NY, I'm all for it :)
Tell Micah I want to go to NY too!We should surprise Laci and go see her. I would LOVE to spend some time with you and my daughter in NY!! We could have so much fun but you and I would have to try really hard not to act like tourists! Wouldn't want to embarrass Laci.
Oh, my...Micah and Laci would get on to both of us for having our subway maps spread out across people...not to mention a slight twang here and there!
Post a Comment