Monday, March 9, 2009

"This little light of mine..."

"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine, this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine. Won't let Satan (whew) it out, I'm gonna let it shine, won't let Satan (whew) it out, I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine, let it shine."

This was one of my favorite songs growing up. I had the motions down pat and of course, and I was really into it! I digress...the meaning of the song HIT me tonight when I went to my old churches website about tonight in Pampa (we moved when was about 13) as I was just curious about how they were doing. They have doubled in size, and their mission is to impact the individual so they may impact a city. Wow! So simple. I sat thinking, I am one individual and the thought of impacting a city is daunting, but the thought of letting one person see the light of Christ through me is quite possible. Mind you, I don't think of myself as a glowing light, and I could stand to do better. I've been so wrapped up on scores that I've forgotten about treating my twenty two gifts with God's love lately. I actually have had some children call me "Mom" this year. How dare I not show them the love that so many dream of seeing.

My prayer is that God's love would fill me so they I may bless others even on blowing dirt, possible snow coming, back to winter, time change sleepiness, TAKS stressed, wishing I taught only social studies, and finally when is spring break, err summer days.

Much love,

Photobucket

No comments: