Monday, April 6, 2009

The tousled look...

Lately, I've been sporting a lovely tousled hair look (with a splash of dirt for added texture) with the wind blowing nonstop! It makes me dream of heading back to Florida soon! I suppose it just makes me treasure summer all the more! Twelve days until TAKS (4th grade has yet to take their math or reading) has everyone on edge. I was more wound up by the writing TAKS at the beginning of March. I'm still tutoring non-stop. My kids still like tutoring, and we are doing the most boring TAKS reading passages. I had one today beg to stay for more. I think he's a glutton for punishment, but a sweet glutton. Gold star for him for making me feel better about making them work non stop on again, I repeat, the most boring work, ever. My enthusiasm for anything TAKS at this point is underwhelming, I know. I just want them to do well. They love to do well. They love to be praised. I just want them to succeed for their own confidence.

On another note, Micah just walked by and informed me that Dodger needed some love on the blog. Micah used to make fun of my blog . He's taken an about face now that people have come up to me and actually mentioned the blog in passing conversation. He will now say, "This is a good picture for the blog."

Micah and Dodger relaxing in the man chair. My slanket is sitting on top of it because Dodger has taken over anything that is mine. My pillows, my blankets...what's next?


I got my furniture in! Below is the man chair, then the coffee table ottoman, and my great grandmother's library chair.


Dodger takes over the furniture. No surprise.






Is he spoiled or what? He gives the new fabric two paws up!

Much love,

Photobucket

No comments: