Monday, April 20, 2009

Blemish be gone

I've been going to the dermatologist since late middle school...maybe early high school. The Kenner family (aka The Ghost Family as my mom nicknamed us after a church family portrait) is quite familiar with High Plains Dermatology. I was a regular in high school. No one would know I had problamtic skin with all the creams and pills! When I moved to Lubbock, I found a new dermatologist who I love and had regular visits with. Well, I don't think it's any secret that we are wanting kids. Being the planner that I am, I met with doctors and made this plan to check on medicine I was taking. First stop, skin doc. No more skin cream to banish the blemishes. So the face was doing okay for the next few months. I even tossed the eye wrinkle cream! Next stop, the down there doc. You can't have a babe if you are taking measures to prevent it. So, after getting rid of that circular pack, I thought I was in horrible pain and went to the doctor. I was told all the parts went back to work. I'm sure they thought I was a giant cry baby. I suppose all the drugs are out of my system, but now I feel like I'm 14 with my skin. I'm so annoyed, and I feel quite vain about the whole deal. Am I really this selfish? I use over the counter face wash that has benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid. So I googled (which makes me feel even crazier!) and some posters say it's okay and other's not so much to use these products. Alright ladies, what do y'all know about this face wash business before I annoyingly call the doctor...I'm sure they'd love that! I see all these lovely pregant people who just glow...not a zit anywhere. Oh, and I'm not even pregnant yet and I'm zitty and I have a pretty snazzy sunburn, too.

Much love,

4 comments:

Mika said...

I wasn't a glowing preggo, but I use ProActive and used it through my entire pregnancy. Some people may say no to that, but my doctor never said anything against it.

Mika said...

Ok, now that I've gone online about ProActive during pregnancy, I'm not so sure. My child was healthy, but definitely ask your OB. :) Yea, for making babies!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I was careful while prego, but not overly so. I washed my face with some over the counter stuff, and Madi turned out just fine, I think. Also, any woman that you see pregnant with no zits is either packing on the concealer, or is blessed with really good skin. I was not so blessed. Once the little one arrives you don't care about the mountains that have been growing on your face anymore. You will have beautiful babies!!!!!

mandal said...

You know what...I used prescription skin cream throughout all three pregnancies and the scary thing is I don't think I thought to ask about it until the third one. But all three kids came out fine. I have the worst eczema and I HAVE to have my skin cream.