Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A rare sight: TAKS

That's right, the devoted man behind the Blogger has finally made an appearance. Colby has her first of two days worth of TAKS testing today. She's understandably nervous and fighting off some nasty allergies all the while trying to make sure all of her kids are able to test today, three of which were out yesterday due to strep throat. She was also fighting off a selfish outburst from yours truly while she was trying to get to sleep. Her students have been getting better and better with each pretest as the months have gone by. Most of them will pass, some might not but it won't be because they didn't have the best teacher out there.

My wife has worked harder than I ever have (or will!) trying to get these kids to reach their full potential. She's adapted to a place that's not always easy, with kids that aren't given anything, and has flourished (she might disagree but she has). Teachers have the most under appreciated job out there. I myself have been guilty of not appreciating all that she does for our home and those kids.

Good luck Highland! I love you, Colby.

--- Micah

4 comments:

kristen lewis said...

Awww. Now that is sweet. I am certain that your hard work paid off, Colby. And what a precious man you have to come home to.

Micah and Colby Malouf said...

I bawled, I admit after I read it in between my sniffles! I logged on to read other's blogs and saw that there was a new post by Micah! So writing is over--check, math is done--check, now just reading left! Keep up the prayers!

Lauren said...

Micah's the best!

Mika said...

How sweet!