Besides slinging snot, I am in the midst of a laundry room freshening up. I have painted my cabinets and glazed over them with a walnut stain (a long, smelly, messy job!), filling nail holes, and painting the walls. I'll take a picture or two when all is said and done.
I miss my little Reagan and Reece. Reagan is still in the NICU, but they have moved her to an open bed instead of the tube like bed with portals to put your hand in. She also had her nose feeding tube taken out and is eating from a bottle in tiny doses. Karli has to go up there quite a bit. I really feel for her. She gave birth a week ago and has been running non stop since she's been home getting the girls room ready, Mike has been painting, assembling the crib, cleaning carpet, run, run, run. She told me that she's not sleeping and has been staying up until 4 AM working and nesting or her mind races. How miserable. They've been told that Reagan should be home soon!
The 4th of July brought Micah's friend Robert and his wife Sabrina through town as they are moving to San Antonio from Fort Lewis. We barbequed, chatted , went to view the local fireworks and then they were off to drive some more the next day.
Speaking of Micah he's back in the full swing of golf...pun intended. He even won a tournament a little over a week ago. All he got back was his money instead of the trips that were just drawn for. Shucks. As I type, he's at the driving range! He's been busy working, too. This is what I open the paper to read...
http://www.myplainview.com/articles/2009/07/01/breaking_news/256517dh_xml.txt
And, lastly, rabbits. Last year was the summer of the frog. This year we've still got the frogs, but add to that...rabbits. Note: Dodger wants to have some rabbit stew. Maybe I'll catch one with the camera one day. I'm still glad I've not seen a skunk or raccoon out here!
Much love,

No comments:
Post a Comment