Monday, July 20, 2009

My Week Part III: CAMT

Conference for the Advancement for Math Teachers or Math Teaching. Who knows? Don't say it's so? Doesn't Colby hate math? The conference was actually really good! It does take me a bit to get fired up to teach math. I love reading and social studies, but math is nice and logical...I suppose...I really don't mind 4th grade math. I heard some awesome speakers, and I even bought a nifty math sing song CD. I LOVE music in the classroom (I used to even teach my seventh grade students songs!) so I suppose my 4th graders will like it, too. I went to this session about integrating physical activity into math lessons--love, love, love this. Our kids are eating crap and not active enough and besides sitting in a desk all day is a snooze!

Besides all the learning I did, I really got to know our new 4th grade teacher. She will be so much fun to work with! She even likes my math song CD! We found a Macy's in downtown Houston and did some sale shopping. And, eat. Oh, man...we ate! We went to this swanky new restaurant, The Grove. It's mostly organic food from local farms. So good with a cool view of downtown Houston activities! We also took a taxi out of downtown to the Galleria for some more shopping and Cheesecake Factory!

Oh the things I make people do! We were shopping, and I made everyone put on a wacky pair of shoes and I took a picture of our feet. Hint...mine are the red toes!


Glad to be home sans humidity! I'm looking forward to a great year!

Much love,

No comments: