Friday, July 31, 2009

A Weekend with a Honey-Do List

I have this running to-do list in my head, and this weekend I got to get it out of my head, on to paper, and off the list thanks to my in-laws. I even made a second list once they accomplished the first! My list included...fix droopy outdoor light fixtures, hang chandelier in dining room, make the air conditioner quit whining, fix jammed window in guest bedroom, fix lawnmower, hang mirror in entry, inspect lights in bathrooms, haul tree branches to the dump, mow and edge, and one I'm enjoying right now...relocate birdhouse to alternate location...no more chirps by the backdoor!!! I'm sure there was more on the list, but I even got bonus work like having my sink cleaned and as well as the garage. Seriously, I think they should come more often, even though I joked they would never want to come again with all the work they did in two days! We even went to their family farm to look around.


Corn. It was like Field of Dreams...before shot. I also couldn't help but think...tourist attraction...corn maze!

Corn is tall but makes a lovely backdrop!

Malouf and Sons. The next generation!

What a great weekend we had! Thanks Mitch and Sherry for all your hard work!

Oh, and I just got the official word...Highland Elementary has been rated as EXEMPLARY for our scores! What a good feeling to have as the school year is about to gear up again!

Much love,

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Wow! Awesome in laws indeed! My brother has been helping me paint both bathrooms and change out light fixtures...its alot of work. I hope your birthday was fantastic!