Saturday, August 1, 2009

2-7

July 30 was my 27th birthday. I'm looking forward to a great year. I love my birthday. It was a GREAT day. I got lots of online messages, calls, texts and presents...thank you all...you know how to make a girl feel loved! Here's how I celebrated...

Clearly, I have no shame and decided to be the focus of our chalkboard table.


Put a pink dress on because it is my favorite color! This was taken later on in the evening...do I look tired?!?


Micah took my mom, Karli, Reece, and Reagan to lunch at Tokyo (it's where they cook in front of you). I chose it because I thought Reece would have fun watching them cook. Think again. She screamed, "FIRE!" And ran. I ate with a three year old on my lap assuring her there would be no more fire. Here's what Reece and I didn't finish that became yesterday's lunch.


Let there be cake. Karli made me a strawberry cake with cream cheese icing. Then, the girls and I played. Reece decided to water my grass so yet again (she came over last week and did the same thing) she stripped down naked and ran around with the water hose and her Dora umbrella over her head. I should've had my camera...it was a moment to savor!


Micah's card. He knows my feelings towards cats....grrrrrrrrrrrrr. He told me Dodger picked it out. Oh, it sang "Happy Birthday" with cats meowing!


Besides a very nice gift certificate to my favorite shop in town and Home Depot for my entry light fixture, he knows my love for toffee and he loaded my gift sack full!


My mom got the dining room changes going with this chandelier I've had my eye on for quite a while! Mitch hung it (the poor thing...it was really heavy and a challenge to get up there!) when they were here last weekend! I like to go into the yard at night and see it illuminating the house!


And, a little something for my classroom!


I've already found the spot for this cross that Karli found that matches my decor marvelously.

I also received a very nice giftcard to Ulta from my in-laws. Have you been in? Wow...so many fun things, I spent quite a long time perusing the shelves. I was on a mission for a blow dryer...still looking, but ended up with a face mask and a curling iron (so desperately needed as mine was in sad shape).

Then, the day was over and my heart felt full, but I wanted one more thing to complete my day...a late night run!


And while we were out, might as well rent a girly movie to boot. I watched it the next day as it was late...not great, not bad...just cute!


God has blessed me with wonderful friends and family. Thank you all for a very special birthday!

Much love,

1 comment:

mandal said...

I know it's a little late but Happy birthday! I totally forgot we shared the same day!