Saturday, oh, Saturday...you are my friend! I really am excited about Saturday, if you can't tell. I was tuckered out after all the hub-bub of the first week of school. I even went to a girls night last night and stayed up after midnight after the first week of school. This is huge! My friend Kim looked over at me in disbelief that I was still there past 10 P.M. It was fun...a little homemade pizza (which my pizza stone is looking like it's been used 1.0 times now!), delicious desserts, and wedding albums to pass around all while wearing pj's. Thanks Mindy for hosting us...a great time was had by all. I brought one of the desserts, and I thought I'd give out my recipe. It is actually my granny's recipe and it was a favorite (I have lots of favorites in the sweet department!) of mine growing up. The name of the recipe is Better than Sex Cake...growing up I did not know this...we called it Party Cake...when I was older my granny laughed and told me the "real" name of the cake. As I was checking out Paula Deen's recipes, she has a recipe almost identical to my granny's. If only she would have opened Lady and the Granddaughter...
1 box of yellow cake mix (bake according to the package)
1 box of French vanilla pudding (make according to the package)
1 large can of crushed pineapple
2 large bananas
Lemon juice
1 cup of sugar
coconut for topping
whipped topping (I go cool whip...otherwise you can mix 1.5 cups of heavy cream and 1/3 cup of sugar until stiff).
Bake cake according to directions. While the cake is baking, combine pineapple and sugar together until boiling. Poke holes in cake. Then, pour pineapple mixture atop cake (I drain a little of the excessive liquid off). Let cool. Make pudding according to the box. Pour pudding on top of cooled cake. Cut 2 bananas into thin slices and soak in lemon juice. Arrange bananas on top of the pudding mixture. Top with whipped topping. Toast coconut. Decorate the top with toasted coconut. Cover cake and put in refrigerator until cool. Prepare to enjoy!
Happy Weekending to you all!
Much love,
2 comments:
Yum! This sounds great! I will have to try it. I love to bake....cooking I'm working on.
Oh goody - I'm so glad you shared your recipe! This was yummy - I would have eaten more had there not been so many choices. I'm so glad you got to come! -Mindy
Post a Comment