Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday night thoughts

1. This is my last full week of summer. Where did it go??????????????
2. On a bright note, I get to go back to school and will actually have a clue as to how this year should go! I wish there was a different title on this news article, but Highland along with many of the other elementary campuses were rated Exemplary this past year!!!
http://www.myplainview.com/articles/2009/07/31/breaking_news/286803dh_xml.txt
3. I wonder if Army Wives is a new episode tonight.
4. I'm into making my own yogurt parfaits lately for breakfast and a healthy snack. I get vanilla low-fat yogurt, frozen mixed berries (let thaw and add a smidge of water and sugar substitute) and grape nuts. So good! The yogurt also helps makes the cereal less crunchy...I use it instead of milk so I get my dairy when I eat cereal!
5. We had healthy snack time during TAKS week and I've rediscovered string cheese! I like Sargento's low fat mozzarella!
6. I hopped in Micah's car this week and discovered he had cut out a picture of me and put it by his gauges. I do love him!
7. This week I found some very snazzy deals shopping. My best find was an Ann Taylor jacket orginally $249 marked down to $29.99. I also bought some patent leather Barbie pink shoes with an extra 40% off at Dillards!
8. I've been stalking Gap for their new perfect fit (not a lowrise!) bootcut jeans...they haven't come in yet, but I want to try them on.
9. I had a small breakdown in the dermatologists office this week. My face is has been breaking out and after the doctor told me that for the time being there wasn't much he could do (on a bright note, he said we could "bomb" yes, I said "bomb" my face with medicine at a later time), I began to tear up. I actually began crying after he left the room, into the parking lot, went to Taco Villa for comfort, cried in the parking lot eating a bean burrito with extra cheese, shopped for comfort, called Micah and cried some more. Carly Simon's Your So Vain might be written for me...
10.Today's sermon was a series of construtive spirits...kindness. Good message. Kindness is love acted out.

Much love,

No comments: