Wednesday, October 14, 2009

October 15 is National Grouch Day

Are you a grouch? If so, you have your very own holiday tomorrow. I had no idea about this "holiday" until Mrs. Stephenson on my team came up with this journal entry for our kiddos tomorrow, "October 15 is National Grouch Day. List ten things that make you grouchy." I suppose, I'll kick off the list a day early.

Things that make me grouchy

1. Reaching in the refrigerator in the morning for a Coke, only to realize that there are none.
2. Poor customer service. If I am going to pay you, be on time and act professional.
3. Stubbing my toe on furniture.
4. Non-planners. I'm really bothered when I don't have a plan in advance.
5. My cell phone service company and the mortgage company both messing up our bills this month! I don't like paying double.
6. The overwhelming pile of grading on my desk
7. When people zoom past my on the highway, only to cut me off and slow down right in front of me.
8. The alarm. Both of them. Sadly, I set two alarms since I am quite the dreamer, and sometimes the sound of the alarm coincides with dreams and I don't know that I turned one off so I have to have a back up.
9. When the copy machine jams.
10. Negative Nellies...I think negative breeds negative...on that note, Happy Grouch Day!

Much love,

No comments: