Monday, October 5, 2009

Football and Church

Football and church. That is the story of autumn for me. Last Friday, we went to my first Plainview Bulldogs game. This game was homecoming...I do love some pageantry, if I say so myself. While I'm on the subject, Katie Rush was the bestest homecoming queen I have ever known...I still want to steal your crown!!! Sorry to digress. And, the game was against...ahem, the Mean Green Pampa Harvesters. Who lost. Who looked so sad loosing. I really hope that that was there traveling band and not their entire band. I just remember buying my spirit ribbon every Friday home game to wear at Travis Elementary, and then after Daddy was off work, he would pick me up and we'd go to the game together. I was just in awe of the cheerleaders and game traditions. I was so excited to be a Harvester one day. Little did I know that I would become a Sandie and love it, too. Thanks Jennifer for the tickets, and I'm glad her hubby got a win for his team! Her little daughter was all about Micah. All the girlies love them some Micah. Who could blame them? Tickle, tickle Micah!

Pulled out "Gumby" (the giant green rain poncho Mitch gave me to wear last year that I "forgot" to give back) for the Tech game. We had some pretty swanky seats thanks to Jason. We sat on the 40 yard line rows one and two right behind the benches. It was a different perspective seeing the team that close. And, yes, we got rained on. Ashlee, Micah and me all swaddled ourselves under "Gumby" at one point or another and at a couple of times, all of us were under it. I'm sure we were quite the sight for those above us. Ehh, who cares?!? It was a win for Tech. Not a glamorous, rah, rah, kinda win. More like, we've got to get better quick kinda win.

Sunday we went to church to find out one of the associate pastors had gone to be with Jesus. He was such a nice man who always had a warm greeting for us and knew our names. I remember one of the first times we visited he came by to say hello at one of the back pews in the church. I really admire people who are just very warm and welcoming to all. I really think it's becoming more and more lost as our society becomes more fast paced and self serving. Later that day, we attended a gospel performance by Happy Union Church at Wayland. I was toe tapping and wanting to join them on stage. We loved it! Sharon, you absolutely light up on stage singing!

And, lastly. My petunias were leggy and had to be tossed. The coleus wilted and now my pots by the door are baren. Even the potato vine was looking pathetic and had to go. But, my a couple of my mums returned from last year, and my geranimums are going strong!



Much love,

No comments: