Monday, October 12, 2009

Wife of the Year Award out the window

Alright, believe it or not I yet again have had another poor spousal moment. I think that is putting it mildly. So here's the story.

I get home Friday from a field trip. The field trip is called Ag in a Bag. That means "agriculture." And, lots of it. Grains, corn, farm animals all set in a giant barn. Basically it's allergy attack waiting to happen trip for me. I drugged up with Zyrtec and Benadryl and was ready to go! The field trip was good, and I was able to breathe and felt much better than last year on the same trip. It was our first field trip of the year, and I just got nervous not knowing how my kiddos would do and of course, they were great. I had just had a crazy, long week where I felt like a hamster on a wheel and the wheel was spinning and I couldn't get off...ugh, I hate that feeling.

So, I came home and felt relieved to end the week. I get a call from a lady who has been refinishing our furniture that she would like to deliver it. I get excited to see the final product. She delivers the furniture and we have a nice chat with her and her husband. By this time, it is time to hop in the car and have dinner with the Holloways. I was excited to eat some of Mindy's food (I seriously want to be like her in the kitchen!) and have some good adult conversation aside from school chat!

Micah goes to pull his car out of the garage and I'm doing my usual obsessing about turning lights off when I open the garage and see him hands on heads, halfway down the driveway, car on car.

That's when the ranting begins. Lots of ranting. Apparently, I said a lots of words that I don't remember saying. Words I didn't think I actually said, but maybe I did. It's like all of my anxiety and stress from the week turned into a funnel of fury and this was my out. I could say whatever I wanted because I was tired and stressed and something bad just happened. I went big picture with it. You know what I mean. You don't do this, this, this and this. And another thing..... And while I'm at it..... I was a real "B" with a capital B. No doubt about it. I was so mad about what I perceived was going to happen that I couldn't see that we were both insured and it was an accident. Okay, so I took it so far as "Now we will never have kids!" Um, Colby...overreaction! So my mind went from car scratch to he doesn't want kids? Can I blame this on a mild case of raging hormonal imbalance?!?

Maybe this accident happened so that we pay more attention when we are actually on the road with others. So, no yummy dinner and funny conversation for us at the Holloways and their cute kids. No pumpkin patch the next day. All thanks to me and my fury. And, about 24 hours later, I could actually laugh about the unforunate incident.

Moral of the story. Stay away from me when I'm really fired up and mad. It doesn't happen very often, but I got a lot to say when I get cranked up. AND, accidents happen. See Micah, I believe in accidents.

P.S. Here was my Day 16 Reasons I love You: That we are now laughing about this little car matter. This little bitty tiny old car deal. So small. Pretty much didn’t scratch it

See, told you I didn't deserve Wife of the Year.

Much love,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog!

Lauren said...

Yikes... I always make rob back out my car because i'm convinced if I do I will hit his car. I even dreamed of it once. It's good that ya'll can laugh about it now and thats important. You guys are a great team.