Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Produce Aisle

Caroline at 29 weeks is now the size of a squash...or so says one of the weekly emails I receive letting me know what should be happening and to expect. As for me, I am working with two cantaloupes and a watermelon. I won't elaborate any further as you might have already figured that one out.

Rain, rain finally went away. Sunshine was finally BACK today! Thank goodness! I had a pretty rotten day on Friday at school. I was glad to have a really full weekend. It started by attending MOPS or Mothers of Preschools. They let me attend. I call myself a Pre-Mop and soak in all the advice and good laughs. Most are my friends and around my age. We had a guest speaker about gardening. I could have sat for hours listening to her speak. I could have asked a million questions. I LOVED it! After that, I earned bonus wife points by attending the Tech Spring Game. Normally, I would have been quite excited to attend. However, it was pretty chilly. By mid-April, I'm over being cold. OVER IT! Stick a fork in me, I'm done! Then, heartburn stuck after I had a delicious hamburger. Followed by projectile vomit. Now, if that doesn't take your mind off of TAKS stress, I don't know what will. Man, this new heartburn business is the "pits." Whew! I seriously wondered if I was going into labor. I started having Braxton Hicks last week pretty mild. But when you couple gas and heartburn with it, I seriously wondered if we needed to turn around and make a pit stop at UMC. Several hours later and many bathroom visits later, all was well. I even woke up at the crack of dawn ready for church. After church we had lunch with friends and then Karli came over with Reagan for an afternoon visit. After some cleaning and a surprise snow cone from Kim, I'm now in bed typing away almost ready for bedtime!

And, a prayer request. I just ask that you you would pray for peace for my job and students during the TAKS season, peace for our home sale, peace in my sleep, and in general peace. I have been generally feeling overwhelmed. I go along life fine for about a week, but about once a week, fear comes all over me. Fear of the unknown. I could make excuses about wanting to nest and plan, but I know God is working for the good. So, I ask for the prayer of peace.

Much love,

3 comments:

Mika said...

I'm praying for you. I completely understand needing peace. And, I'm not looking forward to the heartburn which will come in about a month or so. I've been ok so far and that is good because I crave spicy stuff. Hopefully, those cravings will change to something else. I hope you get feeling better. Lots and lots of Tums.

Tara said...

Hi Colby! Thinking of you during this time. Peace can be so hard to come by but as you know, the Lord is faithful! Psalm 27:14

Sewn Together said...

Oh I have been where you are on multiple levels...watermelons, movers,melons....boxes, melons...packing for the unknown....wishing you were packing....melons...
Will keep you in our prayers...I KNOW it is tough!!!