Thursday, May 27, 2010

Fourth Anniversary

On May 27, 2006 I married the most handsome, witty, caring, loving, smartest, loyal, Texas Tech obsessed, sports-lovin', red meat eatin' All-American boy I could find. Today is my anniversary, and my hubby is out mowing the lawn after our little celebration of our day as we've had lots of moisture and a for sale sign on the front lawn. So, this year the gift calendar is a little odd. The fourth year you are supposed to give flowers or fruit on the traditional calendar. On the modern calendar the fourth year is appliances. Flowers, for Micah? No. Fruit, for Micah? No. Appliances? What, like a mixer? I bought him a grill last year. Now, knowing Micah who ALWAYS gives the best gifts and writes the most eloquent cards that make me laugh and cry at the same time I did, in fact, get him a gift. Nothing that measure up to the slide show he made for me complete with timing to music (I tried to upload it...so sweet, so, very, very sweet). I got him "morts." That stands for mesh shorts. It's the first thing he puts on when he gets home. We race to see who can put on their cozy clothes the fastest and meet in the living room when we come home. We love our "cozies." No, this gift had nothing to do with flowers, fruit, or appliances, but he's outside mowing in them as we speak and they are red. And, he loves red. We both brought home dinner for each other trying to be sweet. So, now we have dinner for several nights and that's always nice. And, with my slideshow and Micah with his "morts" life is good after four years married. Like his text said earlier in the day, only 71 more years to go and I'm excited to spend it with him.

Much love,

No comments: