Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Happy Mother's Day 2010! This is my first Mother's Day that I get to celebrate. I know, I know Caroline is still baking in my tummy, but others are celebrating me so I'm going along with it!

First, our camera broke right around the time I found out I was pregnant. Micah sent it off to be repaired and it's still "under repair." Well, tired of waiting and eight months pregnant...I wanted a camera so Micah went and picked one up this week. I wasted no time taking a few photos!

A question I've been asked a lot is, "How's the nursery coming?" "Ummmmm, not really done," is usually my answer. We have our bedding and bed picked out but with our move and house on the market here's the plan.

We are thinking we will set up the crib in the seating area of our bedroom.


Here's Caroline's sweet bedding.


Then, Saturday night after we had come home from the Leftwich's cookout, Micah had this for me. The small package of flowers was from Caroline and Dodger. I suppose Dodger knows how to purchase flowers...maybe he bartered wet kisses for my flowers?


And, these cards. These sweet, sweet cards. Did you notice that my daughter came out of utero to sign my card. Talented and smart, I tell you. And, Dodger, too.


Then, we went to church. I knew that I would feel emotional. I usually do in church, but when the children began coming forward and handing their moms flowers in the congregation accompanied with the hugs and kisses. I lost it. Couldn't stop. "For this child we prayed." We so wanted Caroline. So wanted her. And, now, I'm 32 weeks pregnant sitting in a Mother's Day service. Then, our sweet pastor, Dr. Hart brought me a flower. Oh, how precious and a memory I will treasure.

Off to Lubbock to meet Micah's family for lunch at the Overton Hotel. What a neat experience! There was quite the buffet. I filled my plate with all sorts of goodies. Mitch and Sherry gave Caroline an adorable pink and green tiny smocked floral print dress. Oh, I can't wait to put her in it!


After coming home, I threw on my cozy t-shirt and pj pants and crawled into bed to snuggle with Dodger. He's been in Midland while our house has been showing, but I couldn't stand it any longer. He's come home for some sweet lovin'. We missed him! I'm glad to have my four-legged,furry little boy back!


Much love,

No comments: