
This is a Mud Swallow, also known as Barn Swallow, aka my nemesis. They terrify me. I have knocked down nest after nest April through September last year. I have already put out their hopes of a new home on my porch with the water hose once or twice so far this season. Today I tried to go out and knock down a very large, fortified nest and I was so petrified of them, I ran back into the house. They swoop and loom and love my porch...even more this year for some reason. Don't they know my house is on the market and looming isn't exactly good relations with prospective buyers? I promptly called Micah and informed him that it was his turn to eradicate our porch of the nest. While he literally had to bust it up with the rake and water hose, I tapped on the glass to keep the birds from dive bombing his head while Dodger did his part at barking ferociously. Team Malouf wins again!
In other news, school is winding down and I'm feeling very overwhelmed. LOTS to get done! Tomorrow is Dads and Donuts. Besides the last day of school park day, it is our last big event that the teachers put on of this year. Whew, thank goodness!
Birthing classes are going well. Last night we had a tour of the hospital, where to go, what to do. Last night's topics touched on assisted birthing. Forceps equal GIANT salad tongs. I'll pass, thanks. And, I had to see another birthing video and an animated cesarean video. Ouch. And, double ouch.
Much love,

1 comment:
This too shall pass....
Birds...who would have thought. We have snails right now. I put bait down and this afternoon I think Ryan and I gathered up about 30 of them from the front flowerbed alone!!! Not what I wanted your shower guests to see first thing!
Post a Comment