Friday, March 21, 2008

Boring people get bored??? And, job applications.

One day I was watching Dr. Phil who said "Boring people get bored." While I agree to some degree, in my case today...I don't. Micah is in Las Vegas for a long weekend. He didn't look at the calendar to see it was not only my spring break but it was also Easter weekend. While I understand that he only sees his friends every now and again, I was bummed it just wasn't another weekend like when I was at work. He's called several times and is having lots of fun! And, this sounds silly, but I really miss him. I like coming home and talking about our days...even though they are often mundane and he can't tell me very much about his day. So I've been filling my time waiting on the garage door man (twice) and plantation shutter man (twice), and calling others to see when they are going to show up...the carpet in our bedroom needs reseamed, the local nursery to supposed to assess the soil and tell me what to plant, the garbage man is supposed to drop of a dumpster (my garage is getting a funk from all the trash that needs dumping and since we live outside city limits--we have a pay trash service and our dumpster needs delivered quick!). I like to run-on my sentences. Bad habit. I have made beds, unpacked boxes, done dishes, read magazines, vacuumed, laundry, lined shelves, swept the walkway, talked on the phone, and even have been to Wal-Mart (seriously...this town needs a Target!). I'm not a boring person, but frankly, I'm bored of this. I want to meet people who are nice and like us or not like us...I don't care! Or a spa might do the trick too for relaxation. I think I'll go see about that!

These are our Vegas faces. Micah took these before he left as a joke. I can't find his picture, but make no doubt there was a big, goofy grin on his face!




Micah brought home some job applications and they are staring at me. I'm scared to fill them out. I really like my job. It has taken me a while to like my job. When you are new the figuring out process takes awhile. I like the people I work with. I love my lunch group. I laugh until it hurts, and have been known to cry a little. We talk about those things that MSN articles tell you not to talk about like politics, kids, religion, and relationships. We've discussed it all. I'm the youngest at the table, and I feel like any of them would be a wonderful aunt, mom, or big sister. It's like a little family. And, I'm good at my job. Really good. I'm not good at thousands of things so it takes a lot for me to say that. It's just a long drive and two extra hours out of my day. My principal has already asked what my plans are next year and my renewal contract was in my box last Friday. I'm going to go work on those. I figure if God brought us here, this is where my home needs to be. He will open those doors and He knows my purpose. I just can't quite see it...yet.



Photobucket

No comments: