I love using a personal day for something fun! I have only taken one sick day for my unfortunate illness a couple of weeks ago, and I hadn't taken any personal days and I was really feeling like it was time for a day for myself! Since we had company and the excitement of the game, coupled with a baby shower yesterday and a debuante event, I decided Monday would be a rest day. I should mention, we were having our house painted Tuesday-Friday of last week. My mom called me this morning and told me she wanted to see the paint and get ready for a girls day. So fun! She came to town to check things out and we went to Bonnie Amies to finalize choices for the recovering of a chair/ottoman, a library chair, and we are tufting the top of my coffee table. Then, we went to a couple of antique stores. I have found my new shop--Old World Antiques. I can't believe there is store like this here...I would have never known. They just moved into a new space on 2nd and Baltimore...it's so great!
This color is in the living, breakfast nook, kitchen, and hallway. He also fixed my crown moulding and my door that needed some TLC. I love my painter!
He also painted the entryway.
Then, I got a inspired by Abel, the painter, to paint the bathroom...I stink...Abel is way better. I told him he was way better. I'm debating to paint the cabinets...I know this stained ones are coming back in, but I'm just not terribly fond of them...they remind me of the ones I grew up with from the houses built in the 1970's.

Fabrics I picked out to go with my couch!

Much love and feeling rested,
3 comments:
Oooh I love that color above the mantle. What color is that. It is tough to imagine what it will look like once its on the wall. I think those fabrics will look great. You should paint the cabinets white. I've always wanted white ones. It just wouldn't work with how dark my kitchen is right now. I like the pops of color you have going.
your house looks a lot different from when i last saw it! i want to come visit next month :)
I love it!! Looks great:)
Post a Comment