Saturday, November 15, 2008

I'm feeling so domestic!

I'm not exactly known for dazzling delights in the kitchen, but this morning as I was watching Paula Deen (hey y'all!) I felt my inspiration! We switch Thanksgiving and Christmas off every other year with each side of the family--we are so equitable! Thanksgiving before last (with mi familia) I volunteered to make the pies and fruit salad because I was so excited about my new fancy wedding presents. I accidently put too much salt in the pumpkin pie making it uneatable. I didn't want to taste test it since it looked pretty so the first bites were taken by my family with digust written all over their faces. Seeing it's my family and all, it didn't take them long to yell, "Oh my gosh, she messed up the pies." It gets better. My mom reaches into the back of the refrigerator and said, "I had a feeling, so I bought an extra...just in case." Really, true story. I'm that bad. Well, not this year. Not with Paula Deen on my side. So, I'm practicing tonight. The pie is in the oven. I've already screwed up the crust, but it's my practice one, right? Since Micah doesn't like pumpkin pie or anything with "warm fruit" (this means apple pie, which I looooove!), I made him some of Paula Deen's peanut butter fudge cupcake brownies. He ate two so they must not taste like dog food!

Speaking of cooking, yesterday while I zooted to get my oil changed in Lubbock, Micah helped with the family fun night at church. He was the "head chef" of pizzas. I went up to church after getting done and watched as he loaded and unloaded pizzas from a professional oven. He looked quite cute in the kitchen!


Aside from earning a gold star in the kitchen today, I went and turn in my order of fabrics. When I went into the store, it was decorated in the most magnificent glass mercury ornaments! I'm thinking the tree is going up early; I'm just too excited! I'm so ready for the holidays and family and good times. Then, being the shopper I was today, I decided to go the the local furniture store. I spotted a chest that I had really first saw at Dillards months back. It's on sale, and I really like it, too. I think it would go nicely with the yellow walls and red, too. Hmmm...but I still like the one from Pottery Barn. Oh, well, it's not like I'm buying it tomorrow or anything...just paid for the house to be painted and must get Christmas presents for people! Got to go check on my pie in the oven!




Much love,

Photobucket

1 comment:

Monica Curry said...

good luck on your pies! i bet you will do awesome and really surprise your family! i wish i had the time to cook a pie, enjoy it while you can! haha. i loved your doggie analogy...and yes, it's yuck. i even tasted it! ewwww